Finance companies in India have grown substantially because of economic boom in the country in late 1990’s. Earlier only finance companies that were present were American or European.
Today there are dozens of Indian finance companies present in the market. Hence, if you want lucid or cash for starting up a business then financing companies could help you a lot.
Today an investor or a business has a choice to go for various finance companies. It is because of competition, today availability of capital to start a business is very high compared to last decade. Therefore, finance companies have an important role to play for growth of Indian economy.
So this articles gives you list of top 10 finance companies in India. You can read it and know more about them.
Ranking System: We have ranked various finance companies on the basis of their market capitalization, customer satisfaction and their presence in India. We also look at factors like employees and the founder of the company.
Therefore, here is the list of top 10 finance companies operating in India.
1. Muthoot Finance
Muthoot Finance is the number one finance company in terms market capitalization. The company has grown substantially under the leadership of M G George Muthoot. The company was founded in Kerala in 1939.
- Market Capitalization: The net sales of Muthoot Finance in year 2013 is around Rs 4536 crore.
- Business: The core business of the company is financing.
- Employees: The company has over 30,000 employees working all over the country and overseas branches also.
- Headquarters: The company is based in Kerala and it has overseas branches in UK, US and UAE also.
- Website: www.muthootfinance.com
2. Reliance Capital
The Reliance Capital is the second best finance company in India. The customer satisfaction is great and people love Reliance Capital. Reliance Capital was founded in year 1986. Currently Anil Ambani is the chairman.
- Market Capitalization: The revenue of the company until now is over $1 billion and it is growing.
- Business: They offer services like Asset management, Mutual funds, Life and general insurance, Private equity and proprietary investments, Stock broking, Reliance PMS, Depository services and financial products, Consumer finance and other activities in financial services.
- Employees: Total number of employees working for Reliance Capital are more than 12,000
- Headquarters: The company is based in Mumbai with branches all over the major cities in India.
- Website: www.reliancecapital.co.in
3. Bajaj Holdings
The third most trusted finance company in our countdown list is Bajaj Holdings. Bajaj Holdings is subsidiary of Bajaj Groups. The Bajaj Group was founded in the Year 1926 by Jamnlal Bajaj.
- Market Capitalization: The total market capitalization or the sales of the company is around Rs 750 crore this year.
- Business: The core business of Bajaj Holdings is to give investments focusing on new business opportunities.
- Employees: The number of employees working for Bajaj Holdings are around 4000 to 6000
- Headquarters: The headquarter of the company is in Mumbai and their clients are worldwide.
- Website: www.bajajgroup.org
4. LIC Housing Finance
The fourth most popular finance company in the country is LIC housing Finance. The LIC housing finance was started in year 1989 and it is a subsidiary of LIC India. The managing director of the company is D K Mehrotra.
- Market Capitalization: The net worth of the LIC Housing Finance is around Rs 2000 crore to Rs 3000 crore.
- Business: LIC Housing Finance gives small and big loans for building homes.
- Employees: Total number of employees working for LIC Housing Finance are around 4000 to 5000.
- Headquarters: The headquarter of the company is in Mumbai and has over 180 marketing offices across India and operations in Kuwait and Dubai also.
- Website: www.lichfl.com
The fifth financing company which is very popular in India is HDFC. HDFC or also known as Housing Development Finance Corporation was 1977 by Hasmukhbai Parekh. HDFC has over 318 outlets including 77 offices across India and it covers over 90 locations.
- Market Capitalization: The market value of the HDFC is around $3.5 billion in year 2013.
- Business: The core business of the company is giving loans of all kinds especially Home Loans.
- Employees: The total number of employees are around 1700.
- Headquarters: The company is based in Mumbai and Deepak Parekh is the chairman.
- Website: www.hdfc.com
6. SBI Capital Markets
The SBI Capital Markets is the sixth great financial company in India. The company was founded in August of 1986. It is wholly owned by the State Bank of India.
- Market Capitalization: The total revenue of SBI Capital Markets is around Rs 3000 crore to Rs 4000 crore.
- Business: The core service given by SBI Capital Markets is Corporate Financing.
- Employees: The total number of employees working for SBI Capital Markets is around 8000 to 9000.
- Headquarters: The company is based in Mumbai and its operation comes directly under the SBI. V G Kannan is the MD and CEO of the company.
- Website: www.sbicaps.com
7. L&T Finance
L&T Infrastructure Finance company Limited is the seventh financing company in our top 10 countdown list. The company is very young and founded by A M Naik in the year 2006.
- Market Capitalization: The net sales of L&T Finance is around Rs 172 crore this year.
- Business: The core services given by L&T Finance debt & equity products, and financial advisory services that focus on power, roads, Telecom etc.
- Employees: Number of employees could anywhere from 3000 to 4000.
- Headquarters: Headquarter of the company is in Mumbai and A M Naik is the chairman.
- Website: www.ltfinance.com
8. Religare Enterprises
The eighth company in our countdown list is Religare Enterprises. The company was admitted to National Stock Exchange in the Year 1994. The company has over 1 million clients around the world.
- Market Capitalization: The total revenue or sales by Religare Enterprise is around Rs 120 crore until now.
- Business: Company offers services like brokerage, health & life insurance, asset management, Small and medium enterprises (SME) lending, wealth management, institutional equities and investment banking services.
- Employees: Total number of employees could be 8000 to 10000 all over India.
- Headquarters: The company is headquartered in New Delhi with 2200 offices in 550 cities of the world.
- Website: www.religareinvesco.com
9. ICICI Group
ICICI group is the ninth most popular finance company in India. This financial company was founded in 1954 and K V Kamath is the chairman.
- Market Capitalization: The total revenue of the ICICI financial services could be Rs 2000 crore to Rs 4000 crore.
- Business: ICICI group is in Banking and Financing both.
- Employees: Total number of employees working for ICICI financial services are around 8000 to 15000.
- Headquarters: The company is based in Mumbai with offices all over the country.
- Website: www.icicibank.com
10. Aditya Birla Finance
The last but not least financial company in our countdown list is Aditya Birla Finance.
- Market Capitalization: The total revenue of the company is around Rs 1000 crore to Rs 2000 crore.
- Business: Some of the services offered by Aditya Birla Finance are capital market, corporate finance, commercial real estate and mortgage and structured finance.
- Employees: Total number of employees are around 10,000 to 15000.
- Headquarters: Company is based in Mumbai.
- Website: www.adityabirlafinance.com
So these were top 10 financing companies in India. To know more about each of them please visit the website link.