Do you know some of the top companies who manufactures motor bike or 2 wheelers in India? Well we have listed some of the Indian companies and other foreign companies that make some of the well known motorcycle brands you know.
You can see the list of these bike manufacturer below-
1. Hero MotoCorp
Hero MotoCorp is the largest two wheeler manufacturer not only in India but in the world. The company worth over $3.8 billion with over 6000 employees.
- Founder: Brijmohan Lall Munjal
- Major Brands: Karizma ZMR, Karizma, Xtreme, Hunk, Impulse, Achiever, Ignitor , Glamour, Super Splendor, Passion XPRO, Passion PRO, Splendor ISMART, Splendor Pro Classic, Splendor Pro, Splendor Plus, HF Deluxe ECO
- No of Motorcycles Built: 10 Million by 2016
- Corporate Office: New Delhi, India
- Website: www.heromotocorp.com/en-in
2. TVS Motors
TVS motor manufactures both 2 wheelers as well 3 wheelers.
- Founder: T. V. Sundaram Iyengar
- Major Brands: Apache Series RTR, Phoenix 125, MAX4R, StaRcity Plus, Sport, Scooty, Jupiter, Wego
- No of Motorcycles Built: 24 Million two wheelers and three wheelers
- Corporate Office: Mumbai, Maharashtra
- Website: www.tvsmotor.com/default.aspx
Bajaj is India’s fourth largest and world’s sixth largest two wheeler manufacturing company with a revenue of over $3.3 billion.
- Founder: Jamnalal Bajaj
- Major Brands: Avenger 220 DTS-i, Pulsar 200 NS, Pulsar 220, Pulsar 180, Pulsar 150, Pulsar 135 LS Pulsar, New Discover 150 Discover 125 M, Discover 100 M, Discover 100, Platina 100, Ninja 650R, Ninja 300, CT 100
- No of Motorcycles Built: 4 Million Two Wheelers
- Corporate Office: Pune, Maharashtra, India
- Website: www.bajajauto.com
4. Royal Enfield
Royal Enfield is subsidiary of Eicher Motors limited.
- Founder: Dr. Venki Padmanabhan as CEO
- Major Brands: CAFÉ RACER, CONTINENTAL GT, CRUISER, THUNDERBIRD 500, THUNDERBIRD 350, RETRO STREET, CLASSIC DESERT STORM, CLASSIC BATTLE GREEN, CLASSIC CHROME, CLASSIC 500, CLASSIC 350, STANDARD STREET, BULLET 500, BULLET ELECTRA, BULLET 350
- No of Motorcycles Built: 500,000
- Corporate Office: Chennai, Tamil nadu
- Website: royalenfield.com
5. Yamaha India
A Japanese and Indian joint venture.
- Founder: Genichi Kawakami
- Major Brands: RAY, Vmax, YZF-R1, FZ1, YZF-R15, Fazer FI, Fazer, FZ-S FI, FZ FI, FZS, FZ16, SZ-S, SZ-RR Blue Core, SZ-RR, SS125, YBR125, YBR110, Crux
- No of Motorcycles Built: 1 Million
- Corporate Office: Noida, India
- Website: www.yamaha-motor-india.com
6. Mahindra Motorbike
- Founder: Jagdish Chandra Mahindra
- Major Brands:aScooters: Mahindra Gustro, Rodeo UZU 125, Rodeo RZ, Duro DZ, Flyte, Kine, Motorcycles: Centuro, Centuro Rockstar, Pantero
- No of Motorcycles Built: 2 Million
- Corporate Office: Mumbai, India
- Website: www.mahindratwowheelers.com
- Founder: Deepak Singhania as Chairman
- Major Brands: Scooter: 2 Stroke, 4 Stroke, Star Euro 200, Star Euro 150, Gearless, Freedom
- No of Motorcycles Built: 50,000 per month
- Corporate Office: Kanpur, UP, India
- Website: www.lmlglobal.in
8. Triumph Motorcycles India
- Founder: Jack Sangster
- Major Brands: New Tiger 800, Tiger Explorer XC, Bonneville, Bonneville T100, Thruxton, Rocket III Roadster, Thunderbird LT, Thunderbird Storm, Speed Triple ABS, Street Triple ABS, Daytona 675 ABS
- No of Motorcycles Built: 20,000
- Corporate Office: Mumbai, India
- Website: www.triumphmotorcycles.in
9. Suzuki India
Suzuki India has over 500 employees and a plant in Gurgaon.
- Founder: Michio Suzuki
- Major Brands: LETS, ACCESS 125, ACCESS 125 (SE), SWISH 125, GIXXER, HAYATE, GS150R, SLINGSHOT PLUS, GSX-R1000, V-STROM, HAYABUSA, BANDIT 1250SA, INTRUDER M1800R , INTRUDER M1800R (B.O.S.S.), INTRUDER M800
- No of Motorcycles Built: 5.4 Million
- Corporate Office: New Delhi -110 070, India
- Website: www.suzukimotorcycle.co.in
10. Harley Davidson India
Harley Davidson commenced operations in India in the year 2009.
- Founder: William S. Harley and Arthur Davidson
- Major Brands: SuperLow, Iron 883, Forty-Eight, Street Bob, Fat bob, Fat boy, Heritage Softail Classic, Breakout, Night Rod Special, Street Glide Special, CVO Limited, Harley Davidson 500 and 700
- No of Motorcycles Built: Few Hundreds
- Corporate Office: Gurgaon, Haryana, India
- Website: www.harley-davidson.com/content/h-d/en_IN/home.html
- Founder: Hans Trunkenpolz
- Major Brands: 125 Duke, 200 Duke, 390 Duke, 690 Duke, 690 Duke R, 1290 Super Duke R
- No of Motorcycles Built: Few Thousands
- Corporate Office: NIL
- Website: www.ktm.com/in
Kawasaki builds some of the most expensive bikes in the country.
- Founder: Kawasaki Shōzō
- Major Brands: Z250, Z800, Z1000, Ninja 300, Ninja 650, Ninja 1000, Ninja ZX 10R, Ninja ZX 14R, ER 6n
- No of Motorcycles Built: Not Known
- Corporate Office: Ahmadabad, Gujarat 380054
- Website: www.kawasaki-india.com
So these were some of the best Indian as well foreign motorbike companies functioning in India. If you want to more about their upcoming brands and for career opportunities please visit their website.