India is the fastest growing country when it comes to people with handheld devices. People in India prefer buying mobile phones from different manufacturers.
Hence, in the country, along with Indian manufacturers there are many foreign companies as well. Cellphone users don’t see the company from which they will buy the handset. They look at the quality of the device and price too.
So if an Indian company could offer that then they would definitely buy from them or else they might prefer a foreign company.
In India, there are many mobile manufacturing companies that have created brand name for them. One of them is Micromax, we shall discuss about this company later in the blog post.
All the 10 companies are very popular in India and most of them are foreign companies. You might have noticed people with mobile phone from one the following 10 companies.
Ranking System: We have ranked companies on the basis of their popularity among the people and the revenue generated by the company. We also look other things like employees and some of their products.
So this is the list of top 10 Mobile Companies in India.
The first most famous mobile manufacturing companies in the country and around the world is Samsung. The company was founded in 1938 by Lee Byung-Chul. Some of the greatest smartphones are manufactured by Samsung Inc.
- Products: Apparel, chemicals, consumer electronics, electronic components, medical equipment, precision instruments, semiconductors, ships, telecommunications equipment
- Revenue: Total revenue of the company is $270 billion and the net profit is $26 billion.
- Employees: There are more than 425,000 employees working for the company all over the world.
- Headquarter: The company is based in Seoul, South Korea. Lee Kaun-Hee is the chairman of Samsung electronics.
- Website: www.samsung.com
The second most popular mobile company in India is LG Corporation. LG is also a South Korean Company second in row after Samsung. LG was founded in the year 1947 by Koo In-Hwoi. The company is operational in more than 80 countries around the world.
- Products: Some of the products manufactured by the company are Electronics, chemicals, telecommunications, engineering, information technology, power generation
- Revenue: Total revenue of the LG Corporation is around $143 billion to $150 billion.
- Employees: There are about 220,000 to 250,000 employees working for the company.
- Headquarter: The company is based in Seoul, South Korea and Koo Bon-Moo is the chairman and CEO of the company.
- Website: www.lgcorp.com
3. Micromax Mobile
The third company in our top 10 list is Micromax Mobile. It is an Indian company and becoming very popular in India. Although by revenue it is very small compared to Samsung and LG but it is getting popular in Indian Market. The company was founded in the year 1999.
- Products: Some of the mobile models manufactured by the company are Micromax X1i Xtra, Gravity GC700, Universal Remote Control Phone-X235 , Gamolution- G4, Bling Q55, Van Gogh X450, QWERTY Keypad Q3, Micromax Canvas A250 Turbo
- Revenue: The estimated revenue of the company is $650 billion and it could touch a billion dollar mark in coming years.
- Employees: There are 600 to 800 employees working for the company.
- Headquarter: The company is headquartered in Gurgaon, India and founders are Rahul Sharma and Rajesh Agarwal. Company is operating in South Asia.
- Website: www.micromaxinfo.com
Nokia is the fourth mobile company in our top 10 list. Earlier Nokia was very popular in India, but now its popularity is declining because of competition it is getting from local mobile phone manufactures. Nokia is Swedish company founded in the year 1865.
- Products: Some of its products are Nokia 7070, Nokia 7100 Supernova, Nokia 7110, Nokia 7160, Nokia 7190, Nokia 7200, Nokia 7210, Nokia 7210 Supernova, Nokia 7230, Nokia 7250, Nokia 7250i, Nokia 7260, Nokia 7270, Nokia 7280, Nokia 7310 Supernova, Nokia 7360, Nokia 7370, Nokia 7373, Nokia 7380, Nokia 7390, Nokia 7500 Prism, Nokia 7510 Supernova, Nokia 7600
- Revenue: The estimated revenue generated by the Nokia is around $50 billion to $60 billion.
- Employees: There are over 100,000 employees working in over 120 different countries.
- Headquarter: The company is headquartered in Espoo, Finland.
- Website: www.nokia.com
The fifth most popular mobile brand in India is Apple Inc. The only problem with Apple smartphones in India is that it is very costly and every one cannot afford it. The company was founded in the year 1976 by Steve Jobs.
- Products: Some of the products are iPad, iPod, iMac and off course iPhone. Some of the iPhone models are iPhone 3G, iPhone 3GS, iPhone 4, iPhone 4S etc
- Revenue: The total revenue generated by the company is around $156 billion and net income is around d$40 billion.
- Employees: There are over 80,000 to 100,000 around the world.
- Headquarter: The company is headquartered in California, west coast US.
- Website: www.apple.com
The sixth most popular mobile phone manufacturing company in the country is Sony Corporation. Sony is a Japanese Conglomerate founded in the year 1946 in Tokyo.
- Products: Some of the products of Sony are Consumer electronics, Semiconductors, Video games, Media/Entertainment, Computer hardware, Telecom equipment and services would include Financial services, insurance, banking, credit finance and advertising agency.
- Revenue: Revenue of Sony Inc is around $72 billion to $75 billion.
- Employees: There are around 146,000 to 150,000 workers around the world
- Headquarter: The company is located in Tokyo, Japan and present in countries like Brazil, China, India, USA etc.
- Website: www.sony.net
HTC is the seventh most popular mobile brand in the country. It is a company from Taiwan that manufactures smartphone and tablets. The company was founded in 1997.
- Products: Some of the most popular products by HTC are HTC Tattoo, Droid Eris,HTC Desire, Droid Incredible A6363,HTC Legend A3333, HTC Wildfire, T-Mobile myTouch 3G Slide, HTC Aria A9292, HTC Evo 4G, HTC Desire HD, HTC Desire Z, T-Mobile G2,T-Mobile myTouch 4G, HTC Panache, HTC Gratia, HTC Evo
- Revenue: The revenue is down and it is around $10 billion.
- Employees: There are over 16,000 employees working for the company.
- Headquarter: The company is headquartered in Taipei City, Taiwan.
- Website: www.htc.com
The eighth mobile company in our top 10 list of companies is Blackberry. The manufactures is RIM or Research in Motion. It is a Canadian company founded in 1984 by Mike Lazaridis. They manufacture smartphones and tablets.
- Products: Their some of the products are BlackBerry, BlackBerry Enterprise Server, BlackBerry Internet Service, QNX, Ripple Emulator, BlackBerry PlayBook, BlackBerry 10
- Revenue: The revenue of the company is around $12 billion and their profits are down.
- Employees: There are some 7000 to 8000 employees working for the companies.
- Headquarter: The company is based in Ontario, Canada.
- Website: www.blackberry.com
The ninth mobile company in our countdown list is Karbonn mobile. It is an Indian mobile manufacturing company and very popular among people after Micromax. It is cheap compared to other international brands. So people like to buy them. The company is very young and founded in year 2009.
- Products: They manufacture tablet and smartphones and some of their models are A1, A1+, A2+ Smart, A4 Smart, A4+ Smart, A5+, A9+, A30, Retina A27 and Titanium S1.
- Revenue: The approximate revenue generated by Karbonn Mobile is around $500 million.
- Employees: There could be 2000 to 3000 employees working for the company.
- Headquarter: The company is based in Bangalore, India.
- Website: www.karbonnmobiles.com
The tenth company in our countdown list is Spice Telecom. Earlier it used to manufacture mobile phones and the premier brand was semi smartphone category. It was founded in the year 1997 and now it is defunct.
- Products: semi smartphones and other kind of mobile phones.
- Revenue: The estimated revenue generated by the company could be $50 million to $100 million.
- Employees: There could be 1500 to 2000 employees working for the company.
- Headquarter: The company is headquartered in Mohali, India.
- Website: www.spiceglobal.com
So this was the list of top 10 mobile companies in India. You could visit the website of every company and find out more information there.